Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wedding II



An idyllic setting for Bethany's wedding in Bolton, MA, as you can see. The orchard is part of a winery, so the wedding was observed by families arriving for the PYO harvest. Her brother Tim officiated and struck the right balance between formality and informality. A younger brother is in a difficult position when giving the sermon of advice to the couple, but he found an excellent escape by focusing on "what I hope to learn from watching you two."

The bride was lovely and witty, leading the Twinkie Toss at the reception. I also got to meet Best Woman Alissa, who follows this blog.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds beautiful! It appeared to be a perfect day for a wedding. My congratulations to Bethany when she returns to the blog! And get ready for the onslaught of "So when are you going to have kids?"

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
And congratulations to me. Last night my beautiful baby boy married one of the best women on the planet.
Happy happy happy all.

GraniteDad said...

Which reminds me... Erin, when are you going to have kids?

Erin said...

house, dog, kids. Don't ask till we have the first two. That's buying us some time, at least.

Anonymous said...

That's the order Jonathan did it in. Cat (which you now have), house, dog, then baby. Besides why isn't he hassling your sister? She got married a year before you!

Erin said...

Ya, I opened the door on that one, I'll admit. Plus, Renee doesn't blog. I don't think marriage date has anything to do with it; I have a feeling Lauren will beat us all. I'm surprised the BS Gang hasn't started taking bets already.