Thursday, October 15, 2020

William Bryk

 He likes running for office, including US Senate and US Congress, sometimes taking advantage of the loophole that one does not have to reside in a place until the election.  Presumably, if it looked like he was going to win in Idaho or Alaska, he would have moved there just in time.   He retired from NYC to Antrim, NH in 2016 and runs for offices here now. (Antrim is a small community on the edge of the most-populous county in the state.) These days he occasionally wins something. 

His appearance will not surprise you.

He was editor of his college newspaper and student body president in 1977, so he has been at this a long time. I didn't see any point to student governments when I was in school, and I don't see any point now.  It seems a form of "playing government." Now that I think of it, it is more a form of "practicing running for office." I think they do mostly go into politics, or at least government.

This does not seem like "The New Hampshire Way."  I will not be voting for the man.

3 comments:

Eric said...

He's really channeling his inner Saul Goodman, isn't he?

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Not having a TV, I had to look up the reference. It's a pretty good one, though.

The Lawyer said...

So I'm projecting my inner Saul Goodman (I don't know, I've never seen the show). If I've given the Assistant Village Idiot cause for amusement, my life is complete.