Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Five sons, two domestic two imported, one borrowed. 4.5 of them adult or on track. All employed except the one in HS (who does a little work also). Two granddaughters, wonderful DIL. Affection all 'round. Job for me, job for wife. Roof. Warmth. Food. Excellent friends, (fairly) good church community. Books. Comfy chair.

Amazing wealth, really. 99% of everyone who ever lived would trade places with me, without knowing my income, health, age, or appearance. (Don't get technical on the wife-and children trading thing. In this hypothetical trade you get to keep your wife, she just has my wife's virtues. Ditto children. Chill.)

I am the real 1%.

My Thanksgiving wish is that the kids at OWS would realise they are the 1%, not the 99%. Which makes me part of the 1% of the 1%, I suppose. A fugitive from the law of averages.

No comments: