Monday, December 11, 2023

Early Psychblogging

 From April 2006, three posts from my profession as I understood it at the time. 

Addicted to Advocacy: I had learned at that point that there was not just a difference in tactics, but a difference in the type of person who does this. I will grant again that advocacy - or at least mental health advocacy has done a fair bit of good.  But what no one sees is all the other crap the field was made to do that turned out to be useless (though still sucking up resources and providing donut-eating jobs) or even damaging to patients.

Axis II, Cluster B: This was very typical for me, taking a mental health understanding and making an analogy which applies it more broadly.  I used that exoskeleton image a lot at work and receive a lot of admiring comments - except no one ever used it themselves and it never caught on.

Always and Never Never use those terms.  Always avoid them.

No comments: