Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Tim Tebow Effect and Israel-Palestine

I have written about the Tim Tebow Effect many times, those situations in which everyone in the argument believes that they are not being listened to and their view is being suppressed. It comes from a Chuck Klosterman comment

...both groups perceive themselves as the oppressed minority who are fighting against dominant public opinion

I don't mean to belittle or make light of the argument - people are dying, after all - but it does seem that this is happening WRT Israel and Palestine. I have confidence I could articulate the general position of all sides here, and I'm not even paying that much attention. I can't be the only one. 

I have an opinion which of those sides is nearer the right, but see no point in adding to the noise.

No comments: