Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Yearbook Code Broken

We didn't write in each other's yearbooks because they arrived too late, after we had already graduated.  Some people may have brought them to reunions to get them signed later. I am a nostalgic person and I have looked at mine, and my college yearbooks over the years.  Come to think of it, I stopped about twenty years ago. But before that, yes.  For the high school one, there were inside references in a kind of code, but not very good code.  Mostly it would be an event reference with the subsequent actions left unsaid. "Yeah, I remember going to the Four Seasons concert, Jeff." "Remember who brought the Boone's Farm?"

So now the NY Times is breaking the code on Brett Kavanaugh's high school yearbook, and even Althouse is getting lost in the weeds trying to figure out what it all means. Fortunately, you have me here, and I can explain it to you. On page 57, there is a cryptic note under another student's picture, that looks to be in Kavanaugh's handwriting. There has been some effort to obscure it with another signature, but it clearly says "I buried Paul."

2 comments:

Texan99 said...

I am the Walrus.

Texan99 said...

And I just have to say, it's a shame how many people have taught this woman over the years that the more infantile she acts, the more attention will be showered on her.