Wednesday, September 19, 2018

OCD Song, Question of Malleability

I wrote over a decade ago about my OCD song, which may date back 55 years in my tuneless humming.  There are two, actually, and I decided that one of them sorta kinda has similarity to "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring."  When I catch myself humming my OCD song, I'm going to switch to the Bach peice, and see if I can train my brain to get stuck on that more lovely tune instead.

Note:  Having a life soundtrack seemed to be a thing then.  I think I got the idea from one or both of my older children.  Just a victim of peer pressure.

2 comments:

james said...

Funny how these links go. Whenever I peel onions I remember one story by Henry Kuttner. It has nothing whatever to do with onions. And since I read the collection it was part of in one sitting, there's no reason why chores afterwards would have settled on that one from the bunch.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Whenever I chop sweet onions I am reminded of BS King's younger brother. There is a section of lawn that I mow that always prompts thinking about one couple from our church, and one section I snowblow that reminds me of another. No reason.