Thursday, June 20, 2013

ABBA - Just Keeping My Hand In

Odd, even by ABBA standards. It's supposed to be some American West, or perhaps Country and Western thing: cowboys and dance-hall girls. But it's more like Darby O'Gill without the Little People, Bette Midler, Alice in Wonderland Hits Puberty, and Arte Johnson, surrounded by competing emcees - one from vaudeville, one from C& W who plays accordion on the side.

 

Or a joke that begins "Two Irishmen and their girlfriends walk into a bar in Waco, trying to pass themselves off as Texans..."
I never appreciated this band in their prime as I should have.

4 comments:

Sam L. said...

Dang git, ya'll din't give us a music video!

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Those don't increase my traffic. It's not about you.

Sam L. said...

They DON'T? I share your disappointment...

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Search engine for videos leads you to video sites, such as Youtube. Stills bring you to one of the sites carrying the still.