Thursday, September 16, 2010

Push Poll

I received an early evening call requesting my participation in a survey. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It started out quite reasonably, asking what issues were important to me and my reactions to various political figures. Then we hit a red-flag point. "Would it change your opinion of _______ if I told you..." I interrupted immediately, telling him that I would go on only with suspicion. That tactic indicates a push poll, a deceitful attempt to move your opinion about a candidate under the guise of poll questions. The caller went on: "Would it change your opinion of Carol Shea-Porter if I told you that she is a military wife and the daughter of a military family who voted for billions in veteran's..." I cut him off entirely, telling him to pass on to his supervisor that this had been recognised as a push poll, I considered it dishonest, and would not answer further.

I imagine there may be more to come, and I will have the same response no matter what candidate does it. But for now, I just want to expose the candidate who did it today.

1 comment:

Anna said...

HAHAHA good for you.