Thursday, February 02, 2023

Don't Move To NH

I didn't go looking for one of these, but having seen it, I feel obligated to post it. Some of these things don't matter to me and won't matter to you, but you need to know they are here. The tax issues are because we have no sales or income tax, which is a good thing.  But that means they have to find the dollars somewhere else.


Let me add that houses have some likelihood of ice dams here if they don't have enough pitch, as we learned this week. And if you do have a roof with a steep pitch that ice can come off heavy, and too fast to get away from. Ice in general is a problem, even more than snow, because we are a wet state. A fair number of states have icy roads, but we combine ours with hills. 

It's going below zero for a couple of days now. That has been slightly less bad the last couple of years, but I'm betting that's just poor memory on my part.

4 comments:

james said...

Wisconsin State Bird
To be fair, last year was downright weird: I only killed 5 mosquitoes all year long.

Mike Guenther said...

Where my daughter lives in northern Maine, the wind chill is down to -62 F.

Reminds me of a meme I saw; An angel asks God what he has in the freezer and God says...Maine.

JMSmith said...

When I was a graduate student in Syracuse, New York, a huge chunk of ice fell from the roof and caved in the roof of my Plymouth Valiant. In addition to crushing the roof it somehow shorted out the ignition system, causing the car to start. When I heard the crash I ran outside, and there was my old Plymouth Valiant chugging away, its shattered widows scattered in the snow. I sold the slant six engine and junked the car.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Seems like the proper response