Wednesday, January 04, 2023

The People Who Help You

It's uncomfortable for me to note how little it takes to throw me off on some subjects. I was at Trader Joe's and buying some of their cheap wine when one of the store helpers came up and gushed a bit about one that I had in my hand and started describing its virtues. I noted that my concern these days is finding wines I can digest, as about 70% of wines are a problem for me these days. She suggested that the organic wines might be better for this.  I paused and shook my head, with some comment about it being the type of grape and not growing methods that were the issue.  She countered that organic wines have fewer sulfites*. I nodded and said I didn't think sulfites were considered a digestive issue either. 

I was irritated the whole way home. I shouldn't be, really.  People who mean well but are merely wrong are not such a terrible thing in the world.

*My wife exclaimed "I knew she was going to say that!" when I told the story.

No comments: