Sunday, January 15, 2023

Nobody Is a Prisoner of Their IQ

 Rob Henderson writes about this, quite well and I only had a few objections.  I just became a subscriber, so perhaps the whole essay is not available to you.  I will give you what pieces I can if you cannot get it all.

I commented, of course, and long-time readers will predict my response. This will tie in to an upcoming post about Steve Hsu's interview with Geoffrey Miller about Evopsych in general, which touches on a full half-dozen of common topics here, including the sexy ones.

1 comment:

james said...

The Gods of the Copybook Headings strike hard.

Sex roles are explicitly maligned, but they help teenagers maneuver through a confusing time of life, and we see what happens without guidance. Every society regulates sex--how did we come to think marriage is a free-form accessory?

I suppose a lot of us are rich enough the prudence is sometimes optional, and faithfulness naive--unless they're missing in somebody else.