Sunday, December 11, 2022

"Doesn't Do Well With Men"

An old lesson from the psychiatric biz that I remind you of here. When the nurses would say about someone "He doesn't do well taking orders from women," I came to immediately look for the proof, usually showing up in the next day or so, that he didn't do all that well taking orders from men either. I have seen something similar in racial prejudices as well. "She is very insulting to the nice Korean lady who comes in to do music." Let me put down money that she doesn't do well with black people, young people, old people, and white people either by the end of the week. 

If such things show up in Rate My Professor surveys - "Hates men," I just have an automatic suspicion that there is only a fairly narrow band of women she approves of either. Once you are that noticeable in rejecting a category of people, other collections will follow. Once the seal is broken, lots of things leak in.

No comments: