Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hitch-hikers Guide To Europe

I ordered one of those wonderful things from Amazon for $0.02, essentially paying for postage only (I just ordered 10 books for about $45, including postage. Half will be passed on. Much fun.)  I should have read closer, as there were versions of the Hitch-hikers Guide as far back as 1972, which is much more romantic than the 1985 I purchased by accident.  Still, it's quite fun, and I note an item of some importance:  on page 63 it recommends bringing a towel.

3 comments:

SJ said...

I'm told that a towel is a useful thing no matter where in the Galaxy you hitch-hike.

Sam L. said...

You never know where that other towel has been...

Ben Wyman said...

Hey, you sass that hoopy Fodor? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.