Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Piles of Rocks

We leave today for Dublin via Reykjavik. We have our proposed piles of rocks we are going to see mapped out. I suppose Belfast isn't so much piles of rocks, as we will be seeing the Titanic Museum and the CS Lewis sites. Pubs, gift shops, and gardens aren't all that rocky. Some of the half-dozen castles are standing and in use, though I still think "pile of rocks" applies. But everything else...

I will post from the 2007 archives and throw in some Irish music.  They are already loaded up, just waiting for the calendar to publish them.

The podcast from Razib  on that massive Indo European genetic origins study just dropped, so maybe I'll understand it better now. I gave you what little I had last month. Apropos of the archive links, I note that half of the psych, and 75% of the prehistory I linked to and commented on back in 2005-2007 is now so out of date as to not bear reposting or even relinking. It's why I learned the constellations in the 1980s, even though I live in a hilly, forested region with no good look at the sky in most places: at least that knowledge would be the same in 50 years.

1 comment:

Grim said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip. Have a great time.