Saturday, January 20, 2024

Last Few Days

The NH Primary is this Tuesday, and the phone is ringing all the time, sometimes for polls, sometimes for Donald or Nikki. I keep reminding myself that it is nowhere near as bad as it was in previous cycles, when it would start ramping up a year in advance.

Yet in a few days they all go away and somehow don't seem to care what we think anymore for another 3 years, even after all their assurances that they love us and will certainly marry us if we get pregnant or whatever. I am amazed at how many people up here aren't jaded and cynical, even having gone through this so many times. Sure, I get it.  It's the most important election in our lifetimes. Again.

It reminds me of all the people around here who forget how to drive on icy or snowy roads. Every year, somehow.

No comments: