Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Skeptical!

 James just put up a post about The Line, with comments of his own which are preliminary but sharp.

This fits my idea of being skeptical.  Not only am I not opposed to people discovering new ways to organise their lives, I am positively in favor of it. Multiple tries. Lots of people should take a shot at it. I'm not going to laugh at any of them or criticise them. Like those floating cities that belong to no country or those islands attempting to be self-sufficient, I love this stuff.  Go for it. Send me reports weekly.  Write if you get work and all that.

But the better the sci-fi graphics and the denser the cliches, the more worried I am that these people are not among those who have done the simple everyday human things known for thousands of years, like raising children, being stuck in a sucky job, organising a two-car funeral, or wandering into another tribe's territory.

But go for it, guys. Best of luck. We may learn a great deal even if it's a failure.

Please comment there, not here. CWCID.

No comments: