Sunday, February 21, 2021

Mom's Are Here, Feds Stay Clear

 


(I only listened to the first half. There were several choices, so if something went surprising in the second half, let me know.)

So, there is no wall of moms in bike helmets from the DC suburbs coming in to tell the National Guard to go home. Is it the cold, do you think? Are they more fearful of the current protestors - both of them - than of the ones who burned stuff in Portland?

It's just a puzzle, you know?  I can't figure it out.

3 comments:

Sam L. said...

Some years back, I used to like going into Portland. Now, only if I HAVE to, and NOT downtown. Not going to Powell's Book Store anymore.

james said...

I'm full of 'satiable curtiosity here: how many of these ladies actually hail from the area?

Deevs said...

Trying to leverage one's status as a mom in a protest that isn't connected to motherhood in any meaningful way is, for me, one of the most distasteful aspects of these protests. It's the type of cynical emotional manipulation I think we're all better off without.