Monday, June 19, 2023

Sick

 Sorry to have neglected you, I've sick a few days.  Covid negative, but the sort of wild temperature changes that make it hard to think straight. Violent cold shakes during the day, sweating at night, requiring ice packs to even pretend to sleep. I crave Chinese food and moments later am sure it would make me vomit. There are odd lovely moments though, when I have successfully wrapped up in my favorite blanket in my favorite chair and am transitioning from one temperature to another and get some actual sleep.

8 comments:

Tom said...

“Ah, delirium, my happy place…”. Sorry to hear it, hope you get well soon.

Donna B. said...

Sounds miserable. I hope you get well soo.

Uncle Bill said...

Seriously: this happened to me once, and it was an upset to my autonomic nervous system, which regulates such things. Took a long time to be diagnosed. If you don't recover on your own, bring it up to your doctor.

james said...

Sounds terrible. You haven't been anywhere where you'd catch malaria, have you?

Jonathan said...

Feel better.

Aggie said...

Some good Miso soup might be something that satisfies the craving, yet can be kept down.

Get well soon!

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I hope Uncle Bill and Pen Gun are both wrong, but I'll mumble some of those words to my doctor tomorrow. Just in case

Anonymous said...

If you just have covid like it sounds a bunch of weird symptoms is pretty well what you get. In people I know and my kids its a week to 10 days then goes away.

If you fall into long covid the fatigue will be a major feature, and that is the major warning sign.