Thursday, June 01, 2023

Laundromat

 Son #5 is moving and looking for a new laundromat, because the one in Southie will be too far away. It's a continuing problem.


By the way, the following geographic areas are distinct:

Southie - Your thought will be "Oh, that's the Irish one," but they are all Irish by history.

South End

South Shore - where my wife is from.  It has the highest concentration of Irish descent in the country.  See also Irish Riviera. 

The Italians went to the North End and the North Shore Communities: Stoneham, Saugus, Lynn, Wilmington.


1 comment:

Douglas2 said...

Early in my adult bachelorhood, a mentor encouraged me to take advantage of "service laundry" (drop off the bag, pay a flat rate, receive it all back clean, dry, and folded or on hangers as appropriate).

When accounting for my time, it was only marginally more expensive, and accounting for my work-schedule, it probably kept me out of unsafe places at unsafe hours many times. The one I used most is still around, but I don't know if such services are similarly inexpensive in other locales.

It was actually a bit of a disappointment when I moved into an apartment that had washer & dryer in place.