Monday, January 14, 2019

Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

I was thinking of finally going to the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference this year, now that I am semi-retired and have more time. Daryl Morey of the Houston Rockets was one of the founders, and it is the center of the universe for sports people seeking competitive advantage, sports journalists who rely heavily on complicated stats, and math nerds who follow sports.  Bill Simmons christened it "Dorkapalooza." It is referenced often in the type of podcast I listen to, and is right up my alley.

Tickets are almost $900 for a two-day conference.  That is not right up my alley. Sigh.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

For most attendees, it is a deductible business expense or paid for by their employers. I can't figure out any way to do either.