Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Family Treasure

On lined 5x7 paper, folded into a small triangle and addressed to "Alfy N. 45 Rubberneck St Manchester." Written in pencil in a child's neat cursive hand, age ten or so.

           Manchester, NH
                   Oct 4, 1900

Dear Alfy,
                 Come down
to morrow and we
will have a fight a
good one to. I will be
ready. I don't care
for mamma they can't
stop us. If they worry we
will only laugh.
                       Goodby
                     Flossy.

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Did you ever read "The Real Diary of a Real Boy"? I came upon it by accident, it was my grandad's book published back in the early 1900's, quite humorous. I remember volunteering to read a chapter per day to my 2nd or 3rd grade Elementary School class, and it was a big hit.

Grim said...

That’s fantastic.