Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Boycott

The folks who rushed to condemn the Boycott Star Wars tweets are collectively much more dangerous than those they criticise.  They can only have bothered because they believe there are enough of these trolls that America is in some sort of danger of being influenced.  They have thus quietly fed their hatred of everyone they disagree with and indulged their self-righteousness.

I am hopeful that this second group who thought it vital that they show everyone how opposed they are is also small.  But I know some of these by name, and some names surprised me. People are getting whipped up to fight imaginary enemies here.  That seldom works well.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Being one who rarely sees tweets of any kind, I remain unaffected. I have heard about this somewhere else, though.