Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Audit

The audit of our contributions went fine. When I had statements for most of it confirmed, the supervisor waived the rest because I had established credibility. Two things were disallowed because the documentation was wrong - one because a nationally-recognised Christian charity didn't include a date on the statement, and another because an organization didn't send me an additional tax form as well (it was a non-cash contribution), but the two together didn't meet the threshold for getting the IRS mad and putting my head on a pike. One less thing to worry about.

2 comments:

Donna B. said...

That is good news. I have, over the years, found most IRS auditors to be quite reasonable and glad that you had the same experience.

Retriever said...

Glad for you.