Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blog Census

Commenter jaed made thoughtful observations on separate topics, and I realised I didn't have a picture in my head who he is. So I looked him up, and his long-untouched blog. His post hypothesizing what you hear on the UN answering service remains true now, two-and-a-half years later.
If a neighboring country has invaded and annexed yours, press 1 for an emergency meeting of the Security Council, to be held within 30 days.

If your local dictator has been arresting and displacing political opponents and their families, friends, and people from the same village en masse, press 2 for an official Statement of Concern.
His entry includes the links to these various events.

2 comments:

jaed said...

Hey, thanks for the notice taken! Very kind of you.

(I am curious about something if you'll indulge me. It's fairly common for people I meet online to assume I'm male. I'm wondering whether it's something about my writing style - is it something I said? ;-)

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I posted some time ago that people tend to assume a non-identified character is like them - gender, age, race. Without a specific identifier telling me differently, I just assume you're like me.