Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How Does One Respond?

In my sporadic exchange of emails with a childhood friend, I received the following, in response to my note that I had gone over to the dark side and become conservative years ago.
Hey! again, the busyness of this plantlady & school girl denies me the time to tell you of my post~political thoughts & loyalties! the peaceful play that comes with acceptance & just watching the ill~played "leaders" & greedy underlying impetus for actions.............YOW!! my fist is finally spelling in sign & forgetting the soapbox.........I think it's age......or perhaps the realization that politics are a world away even when I vote in the person who says & seems to represent who & what I am............
A Little History of the World E.H. Gombrich...............a book my daughter let me borrow..........tells the story of the human conditions beginning with the beginning........Ken Burns THE War..............etc. learning of the human condition brings a little more comfort in my everyday life........& :>) beeeeeing 53 & a gardener.........the idea of "pro~active" vs. beeeeeeing in the know! the strength in possibilities! There are people who stand on the bridge every Sunday, rain or shine or snow....protesting this tragic war....there are the women in black who every Weds. stand downtown protesting this tragic war I have so much admiration for there commitment.............but being in the gardens & silence & real growing strength that is where my loyalties lie~ teaching people about the earth......now that is the post~aging I have found great comfort in!~ we all have our places & thoughts don't we ??????
I hope to make it back to NH soon. & I sure do hope we can meet up & share a story or two & I can meet your life in its' homeland.....love to you David W. peace!


Remember, I am fond of this person.

No comments: