Saturday, April 25, 2020

Turning In Your Neighbors II

The comments reminded me of other neighborhood incidents, but one in particular.  I was walking late at night around the neighborhood twenty-some years ago, and up in one of the two perpetually-problematic areas, meaning mean dogs unleashed, dead cars, frequent police and ambulance calls, there was shouting in a kitchen.  As I got closer, a door burst open and two grappling males came out onto the deck, mostly fell over each other down a flight of 6-8 wooden stairs on the driveway, then proceeded to the lawn, punching and yelling. I worried I might have to take some part in this if something looked criminal. One threw the other down and yelled.   "Look!  I'm your fucking  best friend!  And I'm fucking telling you you're being an asshole!"

Ah, I thought. No problem here.  Everything under control.

1 comment:

Grim said...

Yes, that sounds like a situation taking care of itself.