Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Japanese Commercials

These pop into my YouTube feed occasionally, likely because I sometimes click on them. It is interesting to try and figure out why they think that things somewhat like our commercials, but not entirely, work on the Japanese population.  They use American music a lot, including - I am not making this up - "Yankee Doodle." I get why they think young women are fetching, but it is odd that they find them even more charming when they are talking ridiculously quickly. I recommend picking up at 4:44



1 comment:

Grim said...

It is fun to try to guess what the product is. Sometimes its obvious -- especially if they follow protocol and include a product shot -- but sometimes I have no idea what they're advertising.

On a similar note, I bought an oil filter that is labeled in English, French, Spanish, and German. I can read the first three well enough for this kind of thing -- advertising tends to use simple words -- but I was baffled by the German.

The German section advertises that the oil filter is made with "DICKWANDKRONSTRUKTION" (All CAPS in the original.) I gather this means it is intended to be fabricated for extreme purposes.