Wednesday, May 06, 2020

The President's Tweets

I don't have a real twitter account, only a mock one done by my sons pretending to be me.  I never read the president's tweets unless someone links to one. Even less often do I click through to read the full tweet itself.  I saw two in a short span this week, so automatically started reading the comments. Both were quickly filled with negative responses, tending strongly to change-of-subject, insult, and bad humor. It occurs to me that there must be people out there who consider it their mission to get in and say something critical as soon as possible to whatever the president says, in hopes of undermining his message.  Also, because it's a big audience, there is likely some thrill in getting such attention, however evanescent.

What a sad life.

3 comments:

GraniteDad said...

Yup, these people are fairly sad. Here’s an older article about some of them.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/charliewarzel/trollpotusgrowthhack

Sam L. said...

There are a LOT of people out there that "need a life".

Aggie said...

For quite a few people, that is their life: They're paid to do it. Hate'em or Love'em, the Progressive Democrat operatives know how to organize and keep their mouth shut. I am very disappointed that a real journalist has not yet penetrated and written about the depth and extent of the support organizations behind these trolls, Antifa activities, etc etc. These are mature, complicated and well-financed plans. And they enjoy a complete exemption from scrutiny.