Friday, May 01, 2020

Risk

I think we could all identify places where we have taken risks others have not.  There might be people in out lives who have taken risks we would dare not.  And those who know us might be able to identify places where we do not take enough risk.

Continued:  I have gone back and forth over the years whether courage generally applies across-the-board.  Are those who are physically courageous also morally courageous or intellectually courageous?  We can all probably identify some on both sides of the divide.  But I wonder if there is at least a tendency. I am not trying to be sly here.  I really don't know the answer.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I suspect that risk-taking and courage vary so much by culture, social group (are your friends naval aviators? librarians?) and individual that it's difficult to generalize, even though it's often easy to make accurate guesses about individuals.

The other day I saw a guy riding a bicycle who was wearing a face mask but no helmet. I would have done the converse.