Monday, January 16, 2012

Archive

Sponge-headed Scienceman reminded me of the Wayback machine on Archive.org. I have seen this used in arguments to show that someone has changed something on their site and not mentioned it. Wow. Now that I think of it, I could make all sorts or predictions that came true, so long as it didn't happen to be on the Wayback list. Did you know that I predicted the Red Sox collapse this year - in late August, just before it happened. Yeah, I saw that coming, but never did get around to betting thousands of dollars and making a fortune on that. As a narcissist, I of course entered my own site and looked at what the Wayback Machine had captured for July 3, 2007. Pretty interesting. As I mentioned recently in another context, I think I wrote better stuff then. You can't always get to the links, and never to the comments this way, but if you are interested, you could go back through the sidebar.

1 comment:

Texan99 said...

Don't you think sometimes things we wrote a year or two ago seem smarter because they now seem surprising and fresh? Just enough time has passed for us to forget them a bit.

Because I'm sure it's not that we're getting decrepit or lazy in our writing. Me, age?