Sunday, June 14, 2009

Humility

Contemplating several things which are annoying me, the words "sink down into humility" came to me. It wasn't a depressing "sink" at all, but more like a settling and lowering, almost comfortable. Okay, not quite comfortable.

I'm preaching in August, and this may figure into it. I have been slipping into some self pity, and so have thought Note to self: resolve to be less self-pitying, but that hasn't worked. I have been more irritable. Note to self: be less irritable, but that hasn't worked either. The "sink down" thought I immediately recognised as the real problem, even before the "into humility" part came. Arrogance has been the problem, driving the other two.

It's nice to have a diagnosis, anyway.

4 comments:

ELC said...

I find that notes to self have to be written over and over and over and over and over and over...........

GraniteDad said...

I can ratchet up the jokes at your expense to help you get over this self-pity.

You're welcome.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

That is likely to have the opposite effect.

I mean, it has with you, right?

GraniteDad said...

heh, that was a good one.