Sunday, April 22, 2007

Siraj Wahhaj

I only know what I read. Siraj Wahhaj spoke in Manchester at a $30/plate dinner to raise money to build a mosque here. I wondered immediately whether he is of the Wahhabist strain that supports terrorism, both materially and morally, or of a more moderate stripe. He claims to be of a more moderate stripe, and has publicly condemned violence as an unacceptable method of promoting Islam. He stresses Muslim self-reliance and obedience to the Quran.

He refuses to condemn any of the actual people engaged in violence, however, and is an "unindicted coconspirator" in the 1993 WTC bombing according to the Wall Street Journal. Additional links here, here, and here.

The GWOT comes to NH, I guess.

2 comments:

Woody said...

Was the guy who was just eliminated on American Idol?

Woody said...

I meant was HE the guy