Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Maggie Hassan

I haven't disliked Senator Hassan.  She was governor before going to DC, and I thought genuinely tried to do the right thing in hard situations. (Huh, reading her Wiki, she went to Lincoln-Sudbury, where my younger brothers went. She would have been between them.  She would also likely have known Paula Poundstone there.)

But, two things: Has she put out any statement about this scandal and her involvement?  I'm not seeing one yet.  Is she waiting to be told what to do by the DNC?  that would be typical of her. Second, will y'all remind me to bring this back up when she is running for reelection?

9 comments:

Aggie said...

LSRH: Class of '75.... Small world.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I had brothers graduate in '74 and '78. Jonathan Wyman and Glenn Rowley. Stock Farm Rd, over toward the Saxonville line. I was home during vacations 72-75.

Sam L. said...

I first ran across this a few hours ago at Instapundit. I think it will not go well.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

It won't go well for the young man, I think. I'll bet it gets buried about the Democratic politicians. Cf. Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Mark said...

LSRHS class of '69. Go Warriors!

Aggie said...

Wow what are the odds, an impromptu LSRH reunion? Also, I lived in Manchester for a few years as a wee tyke, up on Belmont St.

Mark said...

Yes! and then after commenting here this morning I watched the Larry Adler video and the commenters there were talking "Malcolm Gladwell sent me here". So I better go check him out too!
I was in Sudbury from '63 to '69. I think it's a different world now, but when we were kids, it was great.
From there I went straight to Mordor (L.A.) Took a long time to heal, but healing happens, thank God!

Douglas2 said...

It's beginning to look like Hassan is as much a victim of this guy as the other senators who were doxxed.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I lived near both ends of Belmont St, 1966-71, then again in 1976.

As for Hassan being a victim, perhaps. One can't see all evil nor keep all people of poor judgement or sociopathy at bay. But we expect the people who have power over ujs to exercise the best judgement in hiring, not merely average. I imagine she has criticised some of Trump's hires, for example. What's the difference?