Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Reading My Stats Again

Odd things always show up when I check out my stats every month or so.  This time I found that the site Boston 1775 has referred people here, and a lot of them came. I can't tell which post of his sent them, nor which post of mine he found intriguing enough to mention.  If you want a deep dive into events around Boston leading up to the Revolution, J. L. Bell seems to be a legit historian. His site also includes notice of where lectures on colonial history are being given. What he sees in me I can't fathom at the moment. I worry that I may have been identified as a bad example of something.

I am also apparently part of the Dark Enlightenment.  I am listed under the category "Dissident Right" at Neoreactionary Map. Also in my category are Marginal Revolution, Slatestarcodex (who I think would be better described as a dissident leftist), Z-Blog, Samizdata, Taki's Magazine, and some very strange places.  The site lists other categories, such as Royalist, Womanosphere, and Christian Traditionalist.  Someone is trying to be thorough.  It is odd that I should attract such attention, when larger sites seem not to have made the cut.  There are only about 50 of you regulars, plus some occasionals, and others who come over only when some larger site links to me.

11 comments:

Sam L. said...

"Dark Enlightenment? Ought that not be the "Endarkenment"?

Grim said...

Grim’s Hall, in its glory days as an affiliate of BLACKFIVE, in its own glory days as the largest milblog when milblogs mattered, was a ‘large mammal’ in the Truth Laid Bear’s ecosystem. Now I think maybe a dozen people stop by, mostly to distract themselves from work. But it’s all still there, back to 2003. The good and the bad.

Tom Bridgeland said...

You consistently have interesting things to say, appear to be honest. That's enough.

Grim, I stop in every month or so and scroll down to see if anything is up.

Grim said...

You’re certainly welcome. I meant the comment mostly in the line of sic transit gloria mundi. :)

lelia said...

I had no idea I was in such elite company.

james said...

Grim, are you sure it's that low? Some of us check in daily, or at least every time there's a new post.

bs king said...

This reminds me of a Wordpress quirk that has been bugging me. According to my stats, literally no one comes over to my site from yours. Seriously, you only show up in my "referrers" list when (I think) it's someone from outside the country clicking over because it's always "assistantvillageidiot.blogspot.uk" or something, never .com. This seems really implausible to me, since we have many of the same readers. I have no idea why your address would fail to register, but it makes me wonder how in the world wordpress is counting things.

Grim said...

No, James, I'm not sure of the numbers. I didn't look at the stats before posting that. But it's a small number.

charlie said...


I can't remember what brought me here--maybe from West Hunter or Isegoria, or something at Unz.

Sometimes I find myself here because our internet browser takes me here while I am trying to get to Arnold Kling's askblog. The first couple characters of the URL are the same.

The title / name of your blog totally rocks.

Habitually I sign my name. Cheers!

Charles W Abbott

Donna B. said...

I'm pretty sure I got here because you agreed with a comment I made on someone else's blog post many years ago. Classical Values, I think, back when Eric was posting regularly. Plus, the blog name really is catchy.

I keep coming back because I value your viewpoint. It's always interesting even when it doesn't quite align with mine.

Douglas2 said...

bs - I always click over to your blog from it appearing in the sidebar here, and after my last trip to the UK in January a lot of the time when I start to enter a URL it autocompletes to the UK address of the blog, so I'm suspecting many of those visits may be me as well.

I visit from here just about every time you update, so you should be seeing some referrals from http://assistantvillageidiot.blogspot.com/

DOuglas2/Unknown