Friday, October 24, 2008

USMC

I have not mentioned that son #4 is planning on joining the Marines. Really planning on it, like having gone down for his physical and his ASVAB. Security clearance is next. I haven't mentioned it because Chris often gets ideas of what he'd like to do which suddenly evaporate. But this one might actually happen. After his first four years, he wants to guard the embassy in Romania (of course). I've told him that's a bit far out to plan, but he likes having a plan.

It's been an amazing thing. He goes out running to get in shape for Basic. By himself. Without reminders. Comes back smiling. This is one of those "the pod people have come and taken my son" moments.



Christian Andrew Wyman, 21 years old, with niece Emily. Can you picture him in uniform?

3 comments:

Sam said...

I was there when he was baptized, if I remember correctly, at Pilgrim Pines.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

No, that was John-Adrian, son #3, the older Romanian.

Dubbahdee said...

During our occasional discussions about various sons of yours, I have often thought that the military option was a good fit for Chris. I'm glad to hear it, and REALLY glad to hear he chose the Marines. Good on him. Congratulations, best wishes, and thank you to him.