Sunday, October 19, 2008

Leave One Blank

I mentioned in August 2007 that because we can't have a negative vote to get rid of a person from our own party (I still have Ted Stevens on the top of my list), and we're not going to have sortition anytime soon, the only real protest vote you can cast after the primary is to leave one blank.

I haven't decided which one I'm going to leave blank this time around. I'm sure it won't be Sununu, but all the others are still up for grabs. I'm not thrilled with Jeb Bradley - but I really want Carol Shea-Porter gone. I don't mind Lynch, but I am quite partial to Kenney. I doubt I'll leave the top of the ticket blank, but you never know.

5 comments:

jackscrow said...

Problem here too:

In Athens County, Ohio, the Democrat primary is pretty much the whole local election, but I always try to vot 'pub as much as possible in the general.

The race for 92nd District House, has been so dirty on the 'pub side (probably out of desperation)and the difference between the intelligence and plans of the candidates is such a gap that I am going to vote Dem for that slot the first time in forever.

It's a disappointment.

John J. Coupal said...

There are a lot of RINOs in Congress who need to be put out to pasture. Trying to out-democrat a democrat is a loser's game.

A Mid-Knight in B Block said...

Right now, mine would be Horn http://www.jenniferhorn.org/. I can't stand Hodes, but once again the Charlestown Area seems to be forgotten by the Pub's.

Please, get rid of CSP!

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I heard Horn speak at the Palin rally and thought she is a rising star. Good speaker. But as she is out of my district, I haven't paid much attention to the details of her views. Tell me what you know, if you've got the time.

OBloodyHell said...

I've always been partial to Heinlein's suggestion for a bicameral legislature -- one house passes laws by a 2/3rds majority. The other house repeals laws by a 1/3rd minority.

When I get in charge, I plan to hash out that idea (it has some possible problems to resolve) and put it into effect.

:oP