Saturday, September 19, 2026

Recent Links

 The Aztecs were even worse than you thought. Maybe I should just stay up on cultural stuff by reading the Psmiths.

The majority black accent in NYC was exactly the same as whites in the early 1800s.  John McWhorter with fascinating stuff, as usual. 

David Foster brings back the memory of Lewis Vs Haldane immediately postwar. Not only here, but in all the summaries of Lewis's thought by any opponent (I exempt Elizabeth Anscombe), whether direct or indirect, there is a whiff of assuming he must be a bit dim because he was a Christian. For this reason alone, they often misunderstand him in favor of thinking he believes something that is their stereotype of Christians. 

Infiltrating Conservatism  I hear both things, that these groups are rising in influence and power, and that they are bogeymen that the left holds up as propaganda.

Just bury your trash I believe aluminum cans are worth recycling, and corrugated cardboard breaks even.  But that is only what I heard over a decade ago. This article looks at some other comparisons.

1 comment:

GraniteDad said...

Erickson’s stuff is good. Glad he’s pushing back on stuff inside our tent.