Tuesday, May 07, 2019

North Carolina

We are headed for Asheville via Charlotte in the morning, returning in the wee hours of Monday. It's the wedding of Tim King, who I recently mentioned as the author of Addiction Nation. We get to see Son #2, up from Houston.  I drove through Asheville a dozen years ago, driving back from North Greeenville College and wanting to drive over the Blue Ridge Mountains. Didn't see much.  We plan to eat southern food - I understand that Western Carolina BBQ has more tomato in it.  that's fine with me. Tupelo Honey is recommended.

My time is getting sucked up by Quora answers - which is my own fault.  The more you answer, the more the questions posed to you multiplies. There are very few good questions, and the other answers are often amazingly stupid. Still, I take the bait.  It's one more person asking what they can do to raise their IQ, or treating emotional intelligence or MBTI results as real things, or begging questions about why Trump is doing such an awful and clearly wrong thing.

Part of it is my character flaw of not wanting to let wrong things remain in the air.  They should be shot down, I think. They might hurt someone if they are allowed to roam free. My other better motive is to remember that these are people, too, just like my intelligent audience here, and golly, don't they deserve decent answers, too?

When traveling, I think of things and take notes, which provide beginnings of posts for a a week or more out after I return.  I hope that is the case this time as well.

4 comments:

Grim said...

You will be in my country, then. If you want to see more of the mountains than you found the last time, let me know.

Drake's Place said...

Doing Quora answers is very admirable. Good to know good folks like you are involved in that.

RichardJohnson said...

AVI, if you have the e-mails of any of the Maggies Farm honchos, I would appreciate it if you e-mail them that Maggies Farm is under some sort of attack- though they may already know about it. The following url takes over- though the end of the address may change, it is always a variation spread.ly url.

http://spread.ly/?redir=frame&uid=spread5cd762048cd820.84766345

Donna B. said...

I'm getting the same and am relieved to hear I'm not the only one. Is this like the Instapundit problem a while back?