Monday, March 18, 2024

Bracket

I did a March Madness bracket again - again knowing nothing but just going over to Jeff Sokol's page at Georgia Tech about Bayesian analysis and copying that in slavishly.  I usually end up in the 80th percentile or so, and once hit 90th percentile.  That latter might be enough to win the average office pool if you feel pressured to take a whack at that and don't even know who is in the tournament. But 80th likely won't quite make it, though it will make you look smarter than the average bear. How do you know so much about college basketball Marcy?  I never hear you talk about it. "Oh, I don't follow it closely. I just have a few things that I look at that other people don't notice. And I never tell." Solid gold. People will ask Marcy next year what she thinks.  It's like my granddaughters having teams in our fantasy football league (Sarah won this year, her first.  Emily always does well. They know little.).  I figure it is a leg up for them with boys in the future. "Wait.  You have been in a fantasy league for five years, and you won once and were second another time?" Guys, OMG I need to date this girl. Men are simple creatures.

I had UConn over Houston 74-70 in the final.

No comments: