Thursday, June 21, 2007

Journalistic Bias

MSNBC's recent cataloguing of which journalists make contributions to which political parties doesn't contain much in the way of surprises, as 9 in 10 contribute to Democrats, which should be obvious at this point.

I did find the incredibly sophomoric reasoning of George Packer of the New Yorker justifying his contributions to the DNC and a candidate to be uh, intriguing, however.
"My readers know my views on politics and politicians because I make no secret of them in my comments for The New Yorker and elsewhere," Packer said. "If giving money to a politician prejudiced my ability to think and write honestly, I wouldn't do it. Fortunately, it doesn't."

The contributions don't create your prejudices, you bufflehead! They illustrate them. He has beclowned himself.

No comments: