It is unlikely I will ever be a worship leader again. It is one of those things I do just well enough to hold the fort until an actual talented person shows up. Such versatility is necessary in a small congregation but in a larger one there is always a better choice than the jack-of-all-trades.
See? I have already gotten distracted and gone down a side street and I am barely started. So if I were ever a worship leader again, yes, I would need a pitch clock.
.png)
4 comments:
"Offsides" might be another good transplant from the wide world of sports.
"Really, we're looking but haven't found anyone suitable" I was told as asked yet again to be released from the responsibility of worship leading. At that point I had already moved to a different province, but was driving back each Sunday regardless of the weather. "Well, I really can't arrange to be here for any of the next 3 weeks" I lied.
It turns out there was someone suitable, who didn't think she was needed. All it took was my absence for her to step up. And when I visited again I found she was really REALLY good at getting all the congregation to be worshipful.
First world problems... The chapel service has its own host and music, but gets the sermon from a slightly delayed feed from the main venue. We back in the booth can handle things fine if the local worship leader runs long (the feed is recorded locally), but if they give up too soon we're stuck providing the music or announcements more or less live from the main venue. Sometimes the musicians get a little carried away in the main venue, and the sermon is delayed, and we have to signal our team to talk a little longer.
@ Douglas2 - Yeah, it's hard to jumpstart enthusiasm every week. Those who do it well are precious.
Post a Comment