Tuesday, January 17, 2023

BERlin, CONkerd, and PisCAtahQua, thanks

 NH in 1947.  It looks like a series, so your state may also be there.

Shoes and textiles out; high tech, more skiing and tourism in. The Old Man is gone since the early 2000s, but the Cog is still there. Fewer cows and chickens, likely. Syrup still holding strong. Fishing looks different but still there. They don't mention the considerable pollution of the rivers, but that shows up in the comments straight off. No mention of the prep schools and summer camps, which surprises me.

When they showed the high school girls I looked for my mother, MHSC* '47, but it was the wrong school anyway. Didn't see my Dad at UNH - I think he was still in Hokkaido until July. I expected them to identify Chocorua and Winnipesaukee directly and mention Franklin Pierce. I wonder what they would mention now?  Robert Frost, maybe. And cut those smokers out of the frame, Jasper.

*Now MCHS, because renaming feels important to school boards.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Probably not us.