Thursday, November 14, 2019

Influencing World Events

I have an audience here.  People may even be moved slightly by what I write, and thus I can lay claim to have some influence in the national conversation, beyond my neighborhood to little pockets in Texas and Ohio and North Carolina and Wisconsin and Massachusetts.

But really just by numbers alone, not even counting the infinite power of God, but treating my time as equal in both endeavors, am I more likely to have an impact as one of the 100,000,000 people who advocate about current events, or as one of the 1,000,000 people who pray about the fate of the country and the world?

1 comment:

dmoelling said...

Do any of us really control world events even if you were a national leader? I think influence is greater if it allows others to see their way even if you don't agree. The more one speaks as yourself and not as a clone, the more others can do the same.