Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Plastic People of the Universe

You're conservative.  A bit high culture, or at least middlebrow.  You don't think you like this band.



But you do. I ran across them reading Stoppard - yes, I'm still on that kick, and will be looking up "Jumpers" and "Travesties" next, or maybe a few shorter pieces I have never read. But his 2006 play "Rock 'n' Roll" recounts their importance in the Czech Underground. They wanted, at first, to have nothing to do with politics and just play the music they liked. They learned that this was the sternest protest of all - and paid for it.

6 comments:

Sam L. said...

We could use some subtitles here...

electronic voting systems said...

The following tips are fantastic. Which i enjoy brainstorming about catchy subject lines. Often it can be challenging, but we need to do might know about want to do – please our readers!

Audience Response Rental said...

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the internet. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks =)

website hosting australia said...

Hiya, I am really glad I've found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and this is really frustrating. You've got a good site with interesting content. Thanks I will be visiting again. Do you do have a newslettes? Can not find it.

Ecommerce Australia said...

I’ve seen progression in every post. Your newer posts are simply wonderful compared to your posts in the past. Keep up the good work

Golfing Swing Expert said...

How about sharing more thoughts in the future?I really enjoyed reading important contents in your article.Thank u!