Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Baby It's Cold Outside

For no reason I can think of, it occurred to me that the guy in that song brings no game at all.  I always thought he was kind of a jerk, not really listening to what she was saying but just repeating that it's cold/snowy and she's beautiful. Low level, dude. Offer to make breakfast and get her home right after the plows come. Restate how serious you are about this relationship. Step it up, man.

When I came back from my walk (It was really cold outside, maybe that's why it came to me), I looked up the lyrics, and confirmed. He did not talk her into anything.  That whole conversation is going on in her head. He's just a Ken doll in this fantasy. He doesn't deserve for her to stay, but she seems determined to.

6 comments:

Donna B. said...

"she seems determined to"

Duh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWfIm5-fVbg

Roy Lofquist said...

Ken was my hero. And he always had enough sammiches.

Sam L. said...

She intends to stay, but can't just give in and say "TAKE ME, YOU FOOL", right away.

Christopher B said...

She came to his place. He's befuddled by the opportunity that just dropped in his lap.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Here's the parody of that song I saw this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJB9GP5gyAw

Avi's wife

Texan99 said...

That was great: "Baby, just go outside. Seriously. I don't want to get sued. None of this is worth it." "But . . . but. . . all I want is for you to beg until I lose sight of my own fear of pregnancy and abandonment!" "Really, just go home. It's for the best."