Friday, October 29, 2010

Misdialed

I got a robo-call from Sarah Palin today, trying to inspire me, an Illinois voter to vote for...well, I never heard. Because I'm not an Illinois voter. I'm in NH, area code 603, not Glen Ellyn, IL, area code 630. Sponge-headed Scienceman got one too.

No doubt it was some volunteer or poorly paid staffer who made the error, but it's not the sort of thing that inspires confidence. I did notice that her voice was less annoying, though. Perhaps she's working on that.

3 comments:

Sponge-headed ScienceMan said...

Right, her voice on the recording wasn't annoying at all and I actually ended up listened to the whole (brief) message. I think she's been working on her tone a bit. But the message did contain a few of her clichéd phrases - so it could still stand some work. As far as 2012, I think have to agree with Karl Rove who this week said Palin lacks the gravitas to be a presidential contender. But you never know...

Ben Wyman said...

Friends who went to North Park complained that no one ever got their cell phone number down correctly. The person would always assume that they had misspoken and meant to say "630".

Sam L. said...

Must be a NE thing. I've lived west of the Mississippi all my life, and I like her voice, and her delivery.