Friday, November 10, 2006

Celtics Again

Who knows how long I'll keep this up before I go crazy? The Celts finally won a game, just barely, in overtime.

Paul Pierce's numbers look great until you see his turnovers.

Tony Allen is playing 15 minutes a game, Brian Scalabrine 17 mpg. As long as that is happening, the Celtics are losing. Jefferson is out indefinitely after an appendectomy.

But. But. Both Telfair and Rondo are apparently looking very good. Gomes had a triple-double. Just maybe...

2 comments:

Ben Wyman said...

Is it possible to not tune them out after you hear "Brian Scalabrine is playing 17 mpg?"

I want to follow them and root for them, I really do, but that one phrase tells me that I'll just make myself sick watching it.

Of course, I don't have to worry about hearing about it if I don't seek it out myself, which is nice.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Conversation from the blog sites:

A: Stop crapping on Scalabrine. Aren't he at Theo the best defensive players out there? Shouldn't Doc be playing someone who can demonstrate that NBA players are supposed to at least theoretically play defense?

B: Isn't that, theoretically, what we have coaches for?