Human Extinction. Alex Tabarrok at Marginal Revolution discusses whether artificial intelligence might be the end of the human race, and whether that is an altogether bad thing. I am struck by how the discussion is a little dated even eleven years later.
Paranoia Clearinghouse. Part One. Part Two Still applicable. With comments
Fibbing About Your Autobiography Interesting in view of the recent Jason Arday scandal. I regard it as a big deal, but is it really?
False Kindness Kills With Europeans as an example
Liberation GKC points out that it is our truisms that are untrue, and Bernie Sanders provides and example. I was fond of pointing out at the time that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders had the same top two issues - restricting immigration and taxing billionaires, but presented them in culturally opposite packages.
We Have No 'Right to Happiness' An essay by CS Lewis
Brokeback Mountain basically flipped off those hurt by a spouse or parent's affair.
ReplyDelete