Sunday, November 29, 2020

Wake, Awake, For Night Is Flying

The lower harmony is one of my favorites to sing, but I have a tendency to bellow such things raucously. I thought this gentler version a good corrective for me personally, and allow me to attend to the lyrics.



If you like to read the music and sing along instead you can do so here. 

In the Revelation to John we see that while there is much singing, different groups have different pieces to sing. We will likely all be part of many choirs and ensembles based on out experiences and our roles, the members various in each. We will rejoice both to listen and to sing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories. I was a treble for about a year in my school choir. We were pretty good, or so they said. I just liked the descants myself. ;)